To query the fields that have already been created and assign the new formula, you must first select the project. The point Create formula appears to be the area where users have the most problems. If possible, please do not work with the visual editor.
A new line should be created for each calculation step. Each line always ends with the "="-character and ONE output-fieldID, e. g. var111+var222=var333 This output-field (here var333) has to be entered as an output-field before and may not be specified arbitrarily. The calculation in front of it can contain the standard arithmetic operations, parentheses and the field ID. The corresponding field ID must also have been created here.
In later computer output, only those fields are displayed that appear in the calculation field. If you want to output a field that is not included in the calculation, please enter the field ID in a single line.
IF/Then conditions are only possible with the packages CALC PREMIUM and CALC PRO. The IF/Then conditions must be integrated in the main formula field per line.
The sequence of the respective calculation steps also determines the sequence of the displayed fields during computer output.
- The following errors have already been observed, which you should avoid:
- The result field is not at the end => each line (each calculation step) must be terminated e. g. with "=var1111".
- Error during bracket replacement => please count the open and closed brackets by
- there is no "var" in front of the respective field => please enter the following information
- the field has not yet been created with the used ID in the calculation field => please create the field first
- there are blank lines in the calculation field => please remove all blank lines
- You use a calculation method which is not (yet) possible in the computer => possible calculation methods are listed under the formula field
- Calculate with a result field (interim result) whose values have not yet been calculated in one of the previous rows => please change the sequence of the calculation steps.
- multiple formulas per calculator => please create only ONE formula for each calculator. Further formulas can be integrated in a new line in the created calculation field.